- If someone looked at your browsing history right now, what kind of things would we find?
Music lyrics, Spotify, Facebook, and lots of photos of shirtless men. Oops, did I say that out loud? *wink, wink*
- If you could write about any subject that is near and dear to your heart, what would it be and why?
I’d love to write music. Not just lyrics, but the notes as well. Music is inspiring to me. It helps me write. I can zone out to a song and have an entire scene play out in my head. Maybe that’s why some of the characters in my stories are musicians. ~_^
- Do you have a favorite song, album, or playlist to write to?
I have lots of favorite songs. I’m a rock chick through and through, though I do listen to other genres. For my Soulmate Series, it’s mostly rock. I created a playlist for Book Two on Spotify. You can check it out on my website.
- What was the first thing you did after the debut of the first book you wrote?
Slept. I know. Probably not your typical response, right? Writing is an emotionally draining journey that takes every ounce of you. Not to mention edits and revisions. Lots of late nights. I don’t think I could function properly for a few days.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Arrogance. No one knows everything. When people pretend like they do, it drives me up the wall. You can always learn from others, no matter what it is your dealing with.
- Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Coffee. I love my caramel lattes. I like a good bottle of wine, too. And then there is always Jack Daniel’s…
- What was your favorite book as a teen?
I don’t remember reading a whole lot. I was already writing, then, so most of my energy went into that. I did enjoy reading Poe. I also liked Watership Down by Richard Adams.
- If an aspiring writer asked for advice what would you tell them?
First and foremost, never, ever give up. You have a story to share. A journey that needs told. There are people who will take that journey with you. Life is boring if you’re not taking chances, so take one.
- What is the one thing that scares you more than anything else?
Losing the ones I love. I can’t imagine not having my family. Especially my children. I lie awake at night and worry about them. I think most parents do.
- What book are you reading right now?
I haven’t started a new one yet, though I am anxious to read P.C. and Kristin Cast’s newest House of Night novel, Hidden.
- Favorite Meal:
- Favorite Drink (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Jack and Coke
- Sweet or Salty snacks?
- All time favorite movie
I have favorite movies like I have favorite songs. Too many to count. Top 3 would be Daze and Confused, Pretty Woman, and He’s Just Not That Into You.
- Best book to movie adaption:
Gone with the Wind
- Worst book to movie adaption:
Twilight. The first one. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed the series and the movies. I appreciate the unique story that Stephenie gave us. But when it hit the big screen, they strayed from the book too much. It’s not that they left stuff out. I understand that they can’t include everything. But they changed stuff. That’s not cool.
Kelli has generously offered up 3 e-book copies of both What the Heart Wants and What the Heart Needs. To enter leave your email address and a question for Kelli.