- Each book can be read as a standalone. It absolutely does not matter where you start in this series. Each book follows a different couple, and although the characters overlap, their stories do not. The exception to this is the novella EVER ALWAYS, whose couple also appears in WANTING FOREVER. But some readers read the novella first, while others read the full length WANTING FOREVER first. Either way, you’re going to get to know the characters and their stories!
- Nelson Island, South Carolina is a fictional town. I totally made it up, but it is based off of a town off the coast of Charleston called Daniel Island. I love the Charleston area with all my heart, and it was inevitable that one of my series would be based there. It’s probably inevitable that more than one of my series will be based there, at some point! J
- I decided to write the series in third person after reading WAIT FOR ME by Elisabeth Naughton. I loved the way her characters developed even though she was writing third person, and I had never read a New Adult book written this way. I wanted my series to stand out, and it was a welcome challenge to bring my characters to life and put their emotions out there while using third person. It was super hard, but really, really fun!
- My publisher would have loved for me to change the name of the town from Nelson Island to something else. I politely declined.
- The men of Nelson Island are not sex-crazed, alpha males. They are strong, sexy, and independent, true. But they know how to treat a woman. Really treat a woman. They’re all guys raised in the South, and that means something to me. It means guys who know how to take care of a woman’s needs without making her feel less than or used. I adore my Nelson Island heroes, and I hope readers do, too!
- I never planned for the novella to be book 1.5. Originally, before I had a publisher for the series, I imagined that Ever’s novella wouldn’t come until the very end of the series. I thought readers would need time to recover from what happened with her character in Book 1: WANTING FOREVER. But my publisher had other ideas, and I went with it. It worked out great, but I’m not sure if I would put it right after WANTING FOREVER if I had it to do over again. What do you guys think?
- I don’t want the Nelson Island series to be over. One way or another there will by more books, because there are more characters whose stories need to be told. Namely, Tamara, Tate, and Blaze. I can’t wait to write these books, and I hope more than anything that this dream will come to fruition sometime in 2016!
I’m a Virginia girl living In South Carolina, and my beloved home in the South is the backdrop for all of my novels. I adore writing about Southern girls and boys finding their way in and out of love. I’m married to the love of my life, and we have two fabulous/crazy children and an equally crazy boxer doggie. Life is a fun roller-coaster, and I wouldn’t trade it! Now that I’m a stay-at-home-mom and have recently added author to my list of things to do, I’m busy ALL THE TIME!
Diana’s Web Page
Amazon Author Page